Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 Movie Report

I am not a big movie fan. Actually, this isn't true. I do love movies. I just rarely find many that are worth the time to watch them, especially when I could use that time (and money) for more books.

Here are the ones that I remember watching in 2014. Mostly ones I loved, because honestly I refused to sit through many that I disliked.


Pacific Rim: My enjoyment of this film can be summed up with "FUCK YEAH, SWORD!" I almost yelled this out loud in the theater. I've found that if you give me giant robots fighting monsters as well as Idris Elba and Ron Perlman, I will not care about plotholes or inconsistencies.

Guardians of the Galaxy: LOVED IT. When I first saw the trailer and a raccoon firing a machine gun off a sentient tree, I prayed that it would be good. AND IT WAS! Very fun, great action, great characters. I could have done with a toned down mom death scene, but still. Had to pre-order the blu ray.

Interstellar: I loved this. Felt like the best mix of 2001 and 2010, but was also its own thing. Great acting and effects. Also really liked the storyline, the best and worst displays of humanity, and the overall hope. Was happy to have spent the money to see it in the theater.

Big Hero 6: Loved this movie so much. I might have gotten teary in parts. A boy, his robot, his friends and a supervillain.

Ghostbusters: Introduced the children to this one. Realized I need to watch it more often.

Die Hard: Watched it Christmas Eve, as you really should. Yippee ki yay!

Snowpiercer: I was enjoying this most of the time, even if the very linear nature of everything (as it kind of had to be when you go from the back to the front of a train) felt a little too on the nose. Then, in the end, they had a part reminiscent of the Architect scene in Matrix 2. THEY MADE ME REMEMBER MATRIX 2! Unforgivable.






1 comment:

  1. You know I was debating on whether to add Snowpiercer to my Netflix list or not. I hadn't heard much about it. I think I'm going to add it now. :) Thank you!

    Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete