Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On Strike

I'm on strike with a lot of other sites, bloggers, concerned internet citizens. And I hate piracy. If you are stealing, you are a tool. End of story. But I do not believe that SOPA or PIPA are the answer. I truly believe that they will cause more problems than they solve (if anything gets solved at all).

The internet is a big place, sometimes a scary place, but how many times has it been an outlet for those whose voices would otherwise be silenced? I think about the countries that crack down hard on internet freedoms. It's not where I want to live.

I'll also admit I am very jaded as to the ability of our Congress to actually solve anything. If we want a convoluted mess and shouting matches between the parties, then Congress delivers. Fixing real problems, not so much. I doubt half the Congressmen/Senators even understand what they are voting on. I refuse to believe that SOPA and PIPA are the best they can come up with.

CNET has a FAQ on SOPA
BBC Explains SOPA & PIPA
For info on the strike: http://sopastrike.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment