Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Little Update...

So, back at the end of January, I was over at Stellar Four talking about the Snow White movies and at the end, I mentioned the Snow movie that I really wanted to see, but wasn't sure if it would be made, The Order of the Seven. Basically, it was more from the perspective of Snow's seven compadres. There was the hint of much action and ass-kicking.

Then, wouldn't you know it, I saw this post on io9 "Disney moving forward with yet another Snow White film — this one with Saoirse Ronan and kung-fu".

This movie has been "in the works" for years, so I'm still not holding my breath, but it does show some promise.

I am a bit torn on the casting in this one - if the movie is set in China, and it's very king-fu inspired, why can't an Asian actress be Snow? I get that the seven will be from all over the globe, but still.

On the other hand, Ronan kicks ass, so her being in this one also works for me.

I'll keep an eye on it, see how things do (or don't) develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment