Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review: Hot Blooded

Amanda Carlson has book 2 of her Jessica McClain series coming out very soon. Hot Blooded starts right where we left off. Jessica needs to save her mate, Rourke, who has been captured by a vengeful goddess. She has the help of two vampire trackers, as well as her brother Tyler and friend Danny. There is also a pesky cop along for the ride...

This book is action-packed. Lots of fights and we get to see more of Jess' abilities. She's a mystical chosen one and fate has lots in store for her.

I'm pretty sure you will see "wild ride" over and over again in reviews for this one. Yes, it made this action-junkie happy.

I also really love that Jess is the one saving her guy (not the other way around).

We get 2 new characters. Naomi was wonderful. I want to see more of her.

There is not a lot of romance in this entry, but I like how things develop. I got to read an early version of this, and received an ARC.

And, cause you know it's in your head anyways...


Hot Blooded is out April 23; Pre-order: Amazon B&N

Links for Amanda Carlson:


4 comments:

  1. "There is not a lot of romance in this entry" - Sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting tougher to find stories without romance. Probably means the pendulum is about to swing back. As it does.

      Delete
  2. I've got my review to go live tomorrow...I think. But I loved this one for the action and opening up the world for us. :) Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I also liked the 'she saving he' twist. And I loved Neomie. She was awesome. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete