Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Review: The Sword-Edged Blonde

The Sword-Edged Blonde (Eddie LaCrosse #1) by Alex Bledsoe

I really liked the mashup of noir PI with sword & sorcery fantasy. Eddie LaCrosse is a complex character. He has been around, he has friends in high and low places, he has a tragic past, and he manages to stay a step ahead even when it looks like he is falling faster behind. Does he piece together all the twists with relative ease, of course, he's f'ing Eddie Lacrosse. 

Lots of action, some magic. The side characters were interesting and there is a lot that could happen in this world.

I liked the interweaving of past events with the current timeline and how it all fell together. Will be interesting to see the structure of the next book.

A good, quick read, especially if you are looking for something a little different in your fantasy reads.


1 comment:

  1. The Sword-Edged fell a little flat to me. I like Dresden and Tuttle better. The story just didn't come together for me. Now I know someone else out there (named April) would agree more with you...

    ReplyDelete