|Might not look pretty, but it tastes good!|
We recently attended a neighborhood gathering and I was supposed to contribute a dessert. The hubs mentioned this cake, that I haven't made in forever but is easy and oh so tasty. It's perfect for folks who like chocolate but aren't overly fond of super-sweet desserts. It took me awhile to find the recipe, so in the interest of keeping this for posterity, I am typing it here.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp baking cocoa
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1-1/2 cups hot water
1. Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix the first 5 ingredients for the cake. Stir in milk, oil & vanilla until smooth.
3. Spread mix evenly in crockpot. This looks more like cookie batter than cake batter. Just go with it.
4. Time for the filling. Mix brown sugar & cocoa in bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth.
5. Pour mixture over the batter in the crockpot. DO NOT STIR.
6. Cover and cook on High 2 hours.
7. Turn off the crockpot & let the cake stand uncovered 5-10 minutes.