Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Theme song...

I've been trying to think of a theme song for Brenna Yovanoff's The Space Between contest.

There's been a hell of a lot of ups and downs in my life this past month. I guess I could go for something quiet and introspective, but to be honest with you, when life kicks me in the face, my first inclination is to kick back. And when I absolutely positively must kick some ass, "More Human Than Human" by White Zombie is the soundtrack.

This song has the added bonus of Blade Runner references, which satisfies my geek requirement.

So what's your theme song? You have until Sunday August 28 to enter the contest.

And lookee at Yovanoff's new book (oooh, shiny, pretty):
Demons, angels,danger, love - I can't wait! It's out this November.

I also really enjoyed The Replacement (dark but still filled with hope, love and acceptance). Somehow, Yovanoff has made the cover gods very, very happy, cause she has some great ones. This one in particular is one of my favorites.




4 comments:

  1. Steampunky.

    My theme songs change. Depends on what I'm writing. Depends on mood. Depends, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it would be Time in Bottle by the late Jim Croce. Maybe a little sad and sappy but still very true and perhaps more poignant given his early death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooooooove The Replacement. It felt so different than most of the YA books out there. It reminds me of Catcher in the Rye without all the "phony" shtick that drove me nuts. Oh and plus all the fairies. I think it's a great read for adults.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Megan - It's a great book. Yovavoff's latest looks really good too. Love her writing, characters, the chances she took.

    ReplyDelete